Wednesday, October 7, 2015

HUD Design

I had two HUD ideas, but they were both different layouts, so I just put them both on one screen.

The first idea I had was the staff on the far right side of the picture. The flame would brighten or weaken according to the player's health, and the gems along the staff would let the player know how many shards they have collected, assuming the player would only need to collect 5-10 or so shards throughout the game.The other idea I had was the more traditional health and magic gauge. The magic gauge is on the bottom, and how much magic you had would fill up the magic runes like a normal gauge. I would be all glowy, too! (please note, I made up those rune/symbols on the spot. They don't mean anything.) Above it would be the health gauge. For whatever reason, I decided to stick to the fire motif for health (maybe it could coincide with the mythology of the people on the island), but if we stuck to it, the flame would just go down like a normal gauge, but as it neared zero it could turn orange, to yellow, to blue, etc. The shard counter up top would be for if the player collected much more than the 5-10 range of shards throughout the game. I realize the two HUDs don't share every component, so the features could be mixed and matched as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment